AHIMA Launches Nationwide Search for New CEO
The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) (@AHIMAResources) Board of Directors announced a nationwide search to select the next AHIMA CEO.
A search committee has been established, which includes past AHIMA Board members and distinguished members of the HIM community. A national executive search firm, CES Partners, will assist the search committee in conducting the search.
The committee will evaluate and interview candidates, and select a small number of well-qualified individuals for consideration by AHIMA’s Board of Directors. The Board expects to complete the search by end of the year. Until the executive search for a permanent replacement is complete, AHIMA vice president of policy and government relations, Pamela Lane, MS, RHIA, is serving as interim CEO.
“The Board is excited to work with a new CEO to write the next chapter in AHIMA’s distinguished 89 year history at a time when both the healthcare industry and the HIM profession are experiencing rapid transformation,” said Ann Chenoweth, MBA, RHIA, FAHIMA, president, AHIMA Board of Directors. “We are looking forward to starting the search to find a new visionary leader for this great association.”
The CEO position description will be available at ahima.org on October 9. Candidates should send their letters of interest and resumes to CES Partners to the attention of:
Barry R. Cesafsky, FACHE
President and CEO
CES Partners, Ltd.
1314 Kensington Road, #5195, Oak Brook, Illinois 60522-5195
Members of the search committee include:
- Vera Rulon, MS, RHIT, FAHIMA, founder and president, Tir Health Advisors LLC – Chair
- Mervat Abdelhak, PhD, RHIA, FAHIMA, chair and associate professor, University of Pittsburgh, department of health information management
- Cassi L. Birnbaum, MS, RHIA, CPHQ, FAHIMA, system-wide director of health information management and revenue integrity, University of California San Diego Health
- Donna Bowers, JD, RHIA, CHP, vice president – cardiology and oncology service lines, SCL Health
- Liz Curtis, MA, RHIA, CHPS, FAHIMA, administrative director, medical information management, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- Tina Esposito, MBA, RHIA, vice president of information and technology innovation, Advocate Health Care
- Beth Haenke Just, MBA, RHIA, FAHIMA, founder and CEO, Just Associates
- Ryan Sandefer, PhD, chair & assistant professor, The College of St. Scholastica, department of health informatics and information management
The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) represents more than 103,000 health information professionals in the United States and around the world. AHIMA is committed to promoting and advocating for best practices and effective standards in health information and to actively contributing to the development and advancement of health information professionals worldwide. AHIMA is advancing informatics, data analytics, and information governance to achieve the goal of providing expertise to ensure trusted information for healthcare.