Apply to Participate in the 2019 Factors Associated with Reporting Quality Measures Study
You Can Get Improvement Activity Credit for 2019
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) (@CMSGov) is studying the Factors Associated with Reporting Quality Measures in 2019, as outlined in the Revisions to Payment Policies under the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule, Quality Payment Program and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2019 final rule (CMS-1693-F).
We’re looking to:
- Study clinical workflows and data collection methods using different submission systems.
- Understand the challenges you have when you collect and report quality data.
- Recommend changes to try to lower your burden, improve quality data collection and reporting, and enhance clinical care.
If you or your groups are eligible for the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and you participate successfully in the study, you’ll earn full credit for the 2019 MIPS Improvement Activities performance category.
We will take applications for this study through April 30, 2019. You will be notified by email in May 2019 if you are selected.
Should I apply for the study?
You can apply for the study if you are a MIPS-eligible clinician participating in MIPS as an individual or as part of a group.
You do not need any outside knowledge of MIPS to participate in the study. We want to learn about your experience participating in MIPS.
We will also include a limited number of clinicians who aren’t eligible for MIPS in 2019. To check your MIPS participation status, please refer to the Quality Payment Program site.
What will I have to do if I’m in the study?
To successfully complete the study and earn full Improvement Activity credit, you’ll need to:
- Complete up to two web-based clinician surveys, of which one of them will be after you have submitted quality measures data to CMS.
- If invited by the study team, join a virtual 90-minute focus group
- Meet minimum requirements for the MIPS Quality performance category by submitting data for at least three measures in the MIPS Quality performance category. The data submitted must:
- Include one outcome measure.( or high priority measure if you have no applicable outcome measure)
- Be submitted to CMS final MIPS reporting deadline.
- Be submitted through any method accepted under MIPS for Year 3 of the Quality Payment Program (2019).
If you report as a group, your entire group will earn credit. If you report as individuals, only you will earn credit.
How do I apply?
Where can I get more information?
For more information about the study, please email MIPS_Study@abtassoc.com.