InterviewsNOW: Andria Jacobs, RN, MS, CEN, CPHQ, COO of PCG Software
On this episode of InterviewsNOW, host Shereese Maynard talks to Andria Jacobs, RN, MS, CEN, CPHQ, COO of PCG Software, a provider-payer software solution. The conversation focuses on current issues affecting payers, providers and beneficiaries including claims denials, issues related to Observation Status designation, medical identity theft, and medical billing fraud.
Andria addresses the following questions in their 30 minutes together:
- Can you tell us a little more about the markets you’re serving now and how today’s software is supporting this mission?
- What can software vendors like PCG and others do to help billers ensure coding accuracy for claims, thereby reducing rejected claims and improving billing accuracy?
- How can providers help to better educate patients on their financial responsibilities?
- Can you tell us a little more about Alexander v. Price and can you elaborate on the negative affect observation status can have on seniors?
- What are the ramifications for healthcare providers with the increasing incidence of Medical ID Theft & and what are some of the ways to protect themselves from this form of fraud?
- What is being done at the federal level to help protect not only individual patients, but also to mitigate the skyrocketing cost of healthcare on a macro level?
- Finally, some thoughts on E&M or Evaluation and Management Documentation medical billing. E&M billing is one area within provider billing that can often be confusing to billers. Any recommendations to help unmuddy these waters?
Episode NOW on Demand
About PCG Software
Today’s healthcare industry is witnessing a business climate in which billions of premium dollars are lost to fraudulent and abusive billing practices each year. For nearly thirty years, PCG Software’s mission has been to help its clients reduce the cost of healthcare by providing innovative software solutions that address these challenges.
About the Show
In this fast paced ever changing landscape we call healthcare delivery, who can we trust to tell us, good or bad, what is happening NOW? Let us help you sort out these issues with today’s thought leaders in the know. Each episode you will hear about a current topic being discussed with an industry expert. If it’s happening in healthcare and it’s NOW It’s on InterviewsNOW.
This show broadcasts at 5:30am, 1:30pm and 9:30pm ET every weekday on HealthcareNOW Radio.