New Resources Available on QPP Resource Library
CMS recently posted several new Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) resources to the Quality Payment Program (QPP) Resource Library:
- 2019 MIPS User Guides – Highlights information on MIPS participation, data submission, and scoring for the following topics: MIPS 101, MIPS Scoring, MIPS APMs, Promoting Interoperability, and Improvement Activities.
- 2019 MIPS Specialty Guides – Highlights specific MIPS measures and activities that may apply to the following specialists: cardiologists, chiropractors, dentists, emergency medicine clinicians, nurse practitioners, ophthalmologists, optometrists, orthopedists, pathologists, physician assistants, podiatrists, and radiologists.
- 2019 CMS Web Interface Sampling Methodology – Describes the sampling methodology for the 10 clinical quality measures reported via the CMS Web Interface, as well as quality measure reporting and sample size requirements.
- 2019 Scores for Improvement Activities in MIPS APMs Fact Sheet – Details the improvement activities required by each MIPS APM and the scores that each will receive for the Improvement Activities performance category for the 2019 performance period.
- 2019 MIPS Exceptions FAQs – Lists questions and answers on the 2019 extreme and uncontrollable circumstances, as well as hardship exceptions for the Promoting Interoperability performance category.
- 2019 Patient Facing Encounter Codes – Lists the determinants used to assess the non-patient facing status of 2019 MIPS eligible clinicians.
Questions? Contact your local technical assistance organization or the Quality Payment Program at QPP@cms.hhs.gov or 1-866-288-8292 (TTY: 1-877-715-6222).